10 May 2010

First Mother's Day


I remember last May of 2009 Saul woke me up singing a song he thought up, "You're a mother to be..." To be honest, I wasn't too excited about this Mother's day because as restaurant people know - Mother's Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants. Saul had to work, and my expectations for the day were very minimal. I was so surprised what the day turned out to be!

Saul woke me up and told me to put my hiking boots on. Oh man, I didn't feel like going on a hike first thing in the morning on Mother's Day of all days... He got Abraham ready while I got ready. We drove for a couple minutes and parked. And then I saw what he had done. In a beautiful field of grasses and wildflowers he had set up a table with breakfast and flowers! I love romantic things like this! I just love acts of kindness that take thought and planning. It makes me feel so loved when he surprises me like this. :)
After breakfast, Saul went to work and Abraham and I went to my parents' house for a Mother's Day get together with family. My parents, sister, grandparents, auntie, uncle, and cousins were there. I love family celebrations. Later in the evening Saul and I went to dinner at a restauraunt we hadn't tried before - Gordon's in San Clemente. The whole day was a lot of fun; I wish Saul hadn't had to work, but the day totally exceeded my expectations 10 times over.